A community outside of Rockwall was experiencing issues with stray animals.
Due to its rural location, animal control was not local to the region and the community was left to find a solution.
FirstService Residential worked with the developer and surveyed the residents. The community, a very active rescue pet community, overwhelmingly requested a dog park.
- A state-of-the-art dog park with fountains, trails and exercise hoops was built in October 2016.
- Each dog (or other furry friend) has a tag with serial numbers that gets registered.
- Homeowners must register their pet and their contact information to access the dog park.
- Technology solutions include pet profiles on FirstService Residential Connect as well as a HomeAgain microchip detector.
- If pets are found loose in the neighboorhood, pet owners are located with a profile search or the HomeAgain detector.
- In order to manage the pet initiatives, the community also rolled out PAW, a committee run by homeowners.
The community's unique need for consistent pet management required a customized solution that took into consideration the resident's desire to make the neighborhood a high-quality experience for pet owners.
- The community now has 1,225 dogs and 5 cats registered.
- The beautiful 2-acre dog park has made this developing community attractive for buyers with pets.
- Providing a place for pets and owners to mingle has increased community involvement and volunteerism, with events ranging from Furry 5K runs, low-cost vaccination clinics and Yappy Hour breakfast socials, to annual Howloween costume contests and pet photos with Santa.
“We recognized a problem and went above and beyond to provide a long-term solution.
Our team is all about problem solving.”
Mallorie Barr, general manager
The Board Testimonials
Our onsite management team has . . . kept our community a wonderful place to live.
Between the pet database, prompt attention to work orders, clear communications and
maintaining compliance, we are lucky to have Mallorie and her team on our side.
-Pete and Aprille, PAW committee co-chairs
Contact us to talk about how FirstService Residential Texas can help your community find unique solutions.